Friday, November 15, 2013

Post 6: How green are you?

Hi people! I love the green color; I think a room without plants is a death place where you can’t breathe…Today I have to write about How green am I?.

Chile has a Ministry of Environment since 2010, before, in 1994, it was called CONAMA, but that was just an environment commission and its function was mainly the diagnosis of our environment. The difference is that the ministry aims to improve the life quality through measures (as education, decontamination, protection, regulations, etc.) against the destruction of the nature. Honestly, I think we have lack education; an evidence of this is that the last days had a strike of garbage collector and the garbage was in every corner like a pig-sty, that was the chance to prove our culture separating and ordering our waste.

I must change a lot of habits, before I was more careful about that, but I don´t know…I seal the bag with garbage, I try to have the less possible plastic bags, when I go to buy to market I use a cloth bag, soon I am going to use my bike…if I can (money) buy organic products, I do it, I prefer its qualities and its low or non-existent impact in the nature, besides these product don’t do tests with animals. About animals, I believe a great contribution is the responsible possession of pets; I have a kitty, I prefer to assure hers well-being before the pleasure (other time: money), well it´s a pleasure take care of her. Finally I have to say, in the future I would like to join any eco-organization, but before I must to organize my life ;)

Until the next post!



1 comment:

  1. I thinks is important be green....... I'm try and I thinks that is important for own future...... ;)

    ReplyDelete